Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yummy Ka-bobs!

I think Ka-bobs are something that a man can do! Everyone claims that a man excels on the grill!! I do my best, but I'm not Bobby Flay! That is somebody that can cook!! These are some great kabobs... it was my first attempt and I'm extremely happy with the outcome! Plus it's a healthy meal for your family which we as Americans seem to be lacking a lot of.

What you'll need:

Marinade:

I doubled this recipe and put half in one bowl for veggies and half in another for chicken

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce (you can also use low sodium if you like)
1 shallot (I always use shallots because I don't have onions or garlic and it's the best of both worlds)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to your taste)

4 chicken breasts
bell peppers (I used one of each red, yellow, orange)
Onions (I didn't use any because my father in law is allergic)
2 Zucchini


1. Mix all ingredients for the marinade together in two bowls

2. Slice the veggies: bell peppers into 1 inch pieces and zucchini in 3/4 inch slices

3. Mix marinade and veggies together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate over night

4. Perform same procedure as with the veggies.

5. Alternate veggies on skewers and do the same with chicken.
(I cook the veggies and chicken separately)
(Also make sure to soak the skewers before using if they are wooden)


6. Grill the kabobs for about 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear

7. Meanwhile heat the vegetable marinade in a saucepan to pour over
(Use the vegetable marinade because chicken marinade may contain salmonella)

These are fantastic! I really did love them. I made some rice on the side and I put the chicken and veggies on top of the rice and then topped with the heated up marinade! Everyone seemed to love it or maybe everyone was just being nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment