Thursday, July 16, 2009

Spaghetti

Spaghetti... I must be on an Italian fix?! Well as far as spaghetti goes we haven't been best friends for a long time. Well, never for that fact. I have always preferred pesto over spaghetti sauce, and I probably always will. Liking pesto more it has set me on a mission to cook spaghetti sauce, and make it great so that I will actually eat it. I loved this recipe, and guess what!! It only cost 5 dollars to put dinner on the table tonight... that was dinner for myself, my lovely wife, and my mother in law.

What you'll need:

1 can tomato sauce roasted garlic flavor
1 can tomato sauce garlic, oregano, basil
1 small can tomato paste
1 shallot (I'm hooked on shallots because of the great flavor they have!!)
1 small can mushrooms
5 dashes Cholula Pepper Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (put as much as you would prefer in it)
1/2 lb pasta of your choice
2 tbsp olive oil or butter
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Bring a pot of water to boil

2. Chop Shallots

3. Cook pasta over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until Al Dente

4. Saute shallots and mushrooms together until onions are translucent

5. Pour both cans of tomato sauce, and about 1/4 of tomato paste in.
6. Mix until well combined, add more paste to desired thickness.
7. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to med/low and simmer for about 10 mins

8. Serve and enjoy!!!!

I thought this recipe was great, and I will definitely make this again. This is what it looks like pictures above... who wouldn't want to eat that? I sure did and well.... I did!!! Please read, and comment what you think.



2 comments:

  1. The mushrooms really made this delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I look forward to more great recipes!

    ReplyDelete